POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Twyst and twysted.net : Re: Twyst and twysted.net Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twyst and twysted.net
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 4 Oct 1998 15:59:48
Message: <3617AEB9.B4B30AA4@bigfoot.com>
marc wrote:

> >i am pursuing this matter legally from here on out, so i will post this
> >only every month or so, to cgrr so that everyone there will be aware of the
> >risk they take.
>
> Good luck. America has NO jusisdiction on this case because the crime was
> perpetrated in a foreign country. Where the IS NO law against nuking. so go
> ahead and pay for an attorney, you'll get no where.

Well, it's a pity you think there is no international law and it's a pity you
think there is no law against nuking. I'm pretty sure that if you can establish
a clear case you can reach success at demonstrating who 'nuked' you and such a
behaviour can be severely reprimended - but you need a really good reason for to
justify the expense and you need your facts right.Internet is a pretty new area
when it comes to legal issues, but nethertheless the law is not bound by mere
rules that say 'nuking' is or is not a crime. Damaging data in someone else's
property and/or attempting to breach someone's privacy is a crime that has
already lead to prosecutions and convictions, one of the biggest software
supplier (the biggest ?) on this planet has been convicted at least once of such
an offence and is not ready to try doing it again.

Regards,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.