POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Installing on NT : Re: Installing on NT Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:11:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installing on NT
From: Lewis Sellers
Date: 4 Oct 1998 06:02:07
Message: <3617399B.CF976D2A@usit.net>
John Holmes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble installing POVWin3.1 onto a Windows NT machine. It
> says "Corrupt Installation detected" I've tried getting the files from
> different sources, browser and ftp, and tried the full file and the one
> that is split up. All of them do the same thing. I'm on a lab computer,
> my local drive is H: Could this be the problem, as i cannot copy the
> files to C: as was suggested in another letter as a solution. I've
> gotten Moray installed and i'm ready to do some work. Can anyone please
> suggest some solutions? thank you.
>
> ---John Holmes
> 04EE Auburn University

Well, it SOUNDS like the file is corrupt, but.... if you've downloaded
the file from multiple places--and you're sure you've just not trying to
run the same corrupt file over and over instead of the other one's
you've downloaded (I've done that), then it's either some problem with
your machine or with povray and the setup of your machine (done that).

Hmm. You might want to try DELETED the povray file first before you try
downloading again. Perhaps the file is corrupt and when you try to
download a new copy the ftp server does a resume or something silly so
you don't get a fresh copy (done that too.)

I run povray on NT btw. The NT version is 5,149mb, btw. Check that.
Other that that advice, I can't really help....
--min

--
Lewis A. Sellers: writer and contract Multimedia Website Developer
mailto:lse### [at] usitnet (The Fourth Millennium Foundation)

You can bug the living bejesus out of me live on ICQ @ 491461
(If I don't get back to you within a month, I'm out of prozac in some
dark corner somewhere screaming things quite unintelligable but -- most
curiously -- thick with a sumerian accent.)

"The comedy is over" -i pagliacci