POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : bicubic patch transluscent? : Re: bicubic patch transluscent? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bicubic patch transluscent?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 3 Oct 1998 20:59:55
Message: <3616BAD3.12C90977@ltu.edu>
Nieminen Mika wrote:
>   Have you tried it with smooth triangles?
>
> --
>                                                            - Warp. -

Yes.  It does work with bicubic patches and smooth triangles (not regular
triangles).  Actually, it is caused by a flag that is available in all POV
objects.  The flag is set for bicubic patches and smooth triangles and not for
anything else.  I think it would be nice if the user had some control over this
flag (similar to the no_shadow flag).

-Nathan