POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : some questions : Re: some questions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some questions
From: Ken
Date: 3 Oct 1998 11:26:58
Message: <361633DC.8DF689DB@pacbell.net>
Remco de Korte wrote:

> - for some images parsing takes more time then the actual rendering.
> I know about the rendering,
> but at this moment I have more troubles with parsing and I'm seriously
> considering adding another 64Mb to my new system.

The rendering times are increased mainly for the following reasons.* Image
quality
* # of reflecive surfaces
* # of lights
* The use of filtered pigments and glass textures.
Parsing time is generaly # of objects and the complexity
if their construcion.
YES ! Add Ram if you can.

> So I was wondering if I could get at that sessions
> with the keyboard (Win95) again, or is double-clicking the only way?

******Using shortcut keys in Windows
To       Press
Activate the menu bar in programs* F10
Carry out the command on the menu* ALT+underlined letter in menu
Close the current window in   (MDI) programs.* CTRL+F4
Close the current window or quit a program* ALT+F4
Copy* CTRL+C
Cut* CTRL+X
Delete* DELETE
Display Help on the selected dialog box item* F1

Display the shortcut menu for the selected item* SHIFT+F10
Display the Start menu* CTRL+ESC
Display the system menu for MDI programs* ALT+HYPHEN (-)
Paste* CTRL+V
******Switch to the window you last used
-Or-
Switch to another window by holding down ALT while
repeatedly pressing TAB ALT+TAB
Undo CTRL+Z

> - while I'm at it: is it possible to stop a rendering session, close
> POVray and continue the session where you left of? (it's probably
> somewhere in the docs, but I haven't found it still).

There is an option in the render section on the main  menu bar.
Scroll all the way to the bottom of the menu and choose continue
rendering --  pov will prompt you with the name of the last
rendered file.

>   My apologies if my story is a bit long.

It's all right.

> Regards,