POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email : Re: This year's most ARROGANT email Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This year's most ARROGANT email
From: povray org admin team
Date: 28 Sep 1998 02:54:43
Message: <361323bf.435842918@news.povray.org>
>>attempt I have made to post publicly to the newsgroup in response to
>>this matter has been thwarted as well it would seem - my posts are being
>>deleted.

This is not so. He has never (to our knowledge) posted to this server. His
accusation that his posts are being deleted are false (unless someone has
forged cancel messages for his posts, which would then be visible in the
'control' group of this server. We don't see any there.)

We ourselves have never deleted any message sent by him.

A scan through DejaNews DID indicate that he has posted a single message (that
we can find anyhow) to povray.general via news.xmission.com.

Before proceeding, let us say that the implication (that we read from the above
message) that we had sent an email to him containing expletives is false. Nor
did we indulge in 'American bashing', though we left him in no question as to
the fact that we don't like having our intelligence questioned as he so clearly
did in his report to us. But that's beside the point.

His main problem is that he apparantly posted to news.xmission.com. Why he did
that we have no idea. news.xmission.com is not news.povray.org (no surprises
about that we would expect). There is no way that any posting from xmission.com
is going to get onto this server since news.povray.org is not connected to
USENET (unless someone posts it manually). We do NOT take in articles from the
world (see http://www.povray.org/groups.html for an explanation as to why).

And we had our way, articles would not get out, either. Until about 24 hours
ago we were unaware that several sites had been feeding articles from this
server out into the world (this had been done without our permission).

So Jason's posting - far from being deleted, as he claims (wrong yet again,
Jason) - simply never even made it to this server, and thus to the bulk of the
POV-Ray user community. Had he wanted to reply to this thread he would have
been best off doing exactly what everyone else does, and that is to post
directly to news.povray.org (the existance of which is documented in the povwin
help file).

If he wants we will delete the entire thread (and any related threads), lock
stock and barrel, from this server, such that there is no record of it ever
existing (at least not here). That way he will receive no further emails from
users who don't think much of the tone of his bug report.

If he doesn't want that then fine, it'll say there. It doesn't bother us either
way. And if he chooses to followup here in the newsgroup then that's fine, too.
[IMO however, it wouldn't do much good since we would be obliged to reply to
it, and then there'd be replies to replies and followups and so forth, and the
thing would drag out all over again. As it is the thread has more or less died
out. But if he wants to he's welcome, as he always has been.]