POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email : Re: This year's most ARROGANT email Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This year's most ARROGANT email
From: povray org admin team
Date: 28 Sep 1998 20:48:43
Message: <36101ffa.354760@news.povray.org>
"Tom Galvin" <tga### [at] dataforgecom> wrote:

>povray.org admin team wrote in message
><361426a9.436588571@news.povray.org>...

>>This is the whole point, one that some readers have failed to 'get'.
>
>Whoa Tex!  I think everyone has gotten the point.  I wasn't meaning to bash
>anyone.  I was just poking fun at the different dialects of English.  I grew
>up surrounded by Brouges and Bronx accents that were constantly harping on
>my use of the English language.
>    There aint no such word as aint...
>    Don't say "me and Joe", it's "Joe and me"

                  bau### [at] thiazicscornelledu (Garth Baulch)
                       Cornell Univ. CS Dept, Ithaca NY
                          (rec_humor_cull, chuckle)

A linguistics professor was lecturing to his class one day about the fact that
in many languages, such as English, a double negative forms a positive, while
in other languages, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative.
"However," he pointed out, "in no language can a double positive form a
negative."

A bored voice from the back of the room responded, "Yeah, yeah...."