POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email : Re: This year's most ARROGANT email Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This year's most ARROGANT email
From: Mark Radosevich
Date: 28 Sep 1998 00:20:41
Message: <360F0105.32F6AEC4@randolph.spa.edu>
> Please now explain where this baseless implication comes from.

One thing, before I quote an e-mail I received from Jason: Upon reflection, it
was probably a mistake to include that line in my post. No matter what the
response might be, it can only continue this, which isn't what I want. Also, I
said that I had reason to believe this, not that I am convinced of it. For him
to accuse you of removing his posts would not be proof enough for me, but
would instead be a further descent into this rather nasty subject. Here are
two quotes from an e-mail he sent following my first post in this thread:

>Any
>attempt I have made to post publicly to the newsgroup in response to
>this matter has been thwarted as well it would seem - my posts are being
>deleted.

>I am shamed, hurt, embarrassed, and humiliated because of this, and
>I am extremely remorseful for the people my words have offended
>because of the public posting of what was meant to be a private
>exchange of e-mail (albeit a sorry work it was).  I hold no value that
>believes "The American Way" prevails over any other way of thinking,
>speaking, and even spelling.  I desperately wish I could communicate
>that to the people who have flamed me, spammed me, macro-mail
>bombed me, etc, but I fear I would be writing personal apologies for
>the next 6 months.
>
>As such, I don't have any intention of making any further public replies
>to this matter, since any attempt I've made has been censored.

I will e-mail him to see whether or not he would object to letting me post his
entire e-mail, since it's not exactly possible for anyone else to see it,
right now... but this would be my reason. However, I shouldn't have mentioned
that in my post, and for that I apologize. I have no first hand evidence that
you have done so, merely Jason's word. Since he has e-mailed me, without me
e-mailing him, I can only suppose that he has been following the thread, and
if he has, than it's a reasonable to suppose that he has tried to post an
explanation, but that too is far from solid evidence. I would like to explain
that I don't mean to accuse you (or any of the team) for acting so unfairly.
But that I have to consider it in the first place is unfortunate. Again,
please accept my apologies for that sentence, I should not have written it.
That was a mistake on my part.

-Mark R.