POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : alternate DOS shell? : alternate DOS shell? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:33:57 EDT (-0400)
  alternate DOS shell?
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 26 Sep 1998 02:34:35
Message: <360C7CD7.7A56C98@flash.net>
While the W95 interface is convenient, I still
find myself wanting to run from the command line at
times.  Yet I find the default W95 DOS command line
shell to be virtually unusable.

Surely there are alternates out there.... does
anyone know of public domain DOS shells?  In UNIX,
I use bash or tcsh, which maintains a large command
buffer and much more sophisticated command editing
from the history list.  This is a lot to ask.
But in DOS, I spend way too much time retyping long
paths.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Dan
--