POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Depth sort renderer question : Re: Depth sort renderer question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Depth sort renderer question
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Sep 1998 20:37:29
Message: <36098639.0@news.povray.org>
In article <360### [at] geocitiescom> , Diego Krota <Xdk### [at] geocitiescom>  wrote:
>I'm developing for my software D-form a depth sort renderer.
>For the first draft I did a raw bubblesort and it worked OK.

Why don't you use QuickDraw 3Ds RAVE interface. It supports all you need and is
(relatively) easy to program, all you will have to develop is a efficient algorithm
for clipping (RAVE does not support it, only the QuickDraw 3D high-level interface
does). This would take advantage of the 3D hardware acceleration that more and more
Macs have build-in (all G3 Macs).  You can get the SDK at the usual Apple site. And as
RAVE is a part of QD 3D you don't have to worry (much) about licensing, I think, as QD
3D is available on most Macs today.

Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany