POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email : BugReports HowTo was Re: This year's most ARROGANT email Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  BugReports HowTo was Re: This year's most ARROGANT email
From: Pan
Date: 23 Sep 1998 01:32:18
Message: <360879d2.0@news.povray.org>
povray.org admin team wrote in message
<3608448d.85304010@news.povray.org>...

>2) mail sent to the bug reporting address is hardly 'private'.
>   'private' email is that sent between individuals for the
>   purpose of communications. a bug report is obviously something
>   that may be disseminated to others (that's half the reason for
>   sending them in some cases).
>
>so your comments don't apply in this case. we do not consider bug reports
>private.

Bug Reports:HowTo

1. Note: Other people will read and likely archive your bug report.
2. Your purpose is to send data, isn't it?
3. You did remember to *remove* argumentative material?
4. Data, especially reproducible data, speaks for itself.
5. Mild guessing as to nature/cause/breeding/ancestory of bug is ok.
6. Promulgating a manifesto for your preferred redesign of POV is not ok.

... plus all the normal stuff
(
snippet of illustrative script,
sysinfo,
using the correct email address to send report to,
recognizable cognitive boundary between the potential problem
you are pointing to and your favorite color ... etc.
)

Any other additions, emendations, ... ?