POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HELP! Installation problems : HELP! Installation problems Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  HELP! Installation problems
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 22 Sep 1998 17:45:47
Message: <36080C5D.320989B5@peak.edu.ee>
OK, here's what happened:

I recently downloaded POV-Ray for Windows 3.1 beta 6b. When I try to
install it, the installation always gets to 74% (the povray help file)
and then displays an error message: "I/O error, bad installation media
or corrupt installation file" (or sth. very similar).
When I hit the "retry" the progress indicator continues to sth. absurd
like 140% and then exits, telling me that my disk is full.

However, when I tried the same install file on another machine,
everything was OK!
So, I guess this a bug in my Windows (nah...) or some kind of software
conflict.

Has anybody experienced the same problem or perhaps can give me some
advice?

Thanks a heap

Margus