POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email : Re: This year's most ARROGANT email Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This year's most ARROGANT email
From: Hans-Detlev Fink
Date: 18 Sep 1998 06:23:13
Message: <3602261F.45B2@pecos.n.o-s.p.a.m.de>
Forgive him, he simply doesn't know better. And hopefully
he has learned his lesson now.

BTW:
When I learned English at school it was "pure British".
(It's better today, they learn both at school, at
least in writing. Pronounciation is still British.)
And we learned _only_ "z" there. Being made curious by this
discussion I tried to find out. I went through all
dictionaries my wife (she's an English teacher) owns
(about 5). They are all British and say unisono "organize,
optimize, ...". (E.g. "Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
of Current English").

So shouldn't it be the other way around: Z=British, S=US?

Forgive me being nit-picking, it's just out of curiosity.

Hans

PS: Continue keeping POV "bilingual". It's The Right Thing IMHO.

-----
Remove n.o-s.p.a.m. to obtain my real address.
-----

In seeking the unattainable,
simplicity only gets in the way.
-- ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982