POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email : Re: This year's most ARROGANT email Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This year's most ARROGANT email
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Sep 1998 04:58:15
Message: <36021297.0@news.povray.org>
I am not a native English speaker, I'm Bulgarian. I've studied into an
American school here in BG and am quite used to American English. During the
five years of my study, however, I've always been taught (by Americans) that
both spellings are acceptable. I know this is the case with TOEFL, SAT, even
SAT II Writing. It is considered bad style, but not a mistake, to use both
American and British English in the same document. I think I should send
this person my English books from the preparatory grade. I don't need them
anymore, but he certainly does.

As most non-native speakers I'd prefer the British (i.e. English) spelling
as being the more widely spread of the two, but it is a choice of the Team
and they have already made it. After all, they give POV for free, and they
don't force anybody to use it. If the sender of the insulting message feels
so much uncomfortable with British spelling, well, there's a POV 3.0
documentation in Japanese he could use.

Please excuse me for any spelling, grammar on styllistic mistakes I have
made.

Peter