POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Morphing utilites? : Re: Morphing utilites? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Morphing utilites?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Sep 1998 01:00:58
Message: <3600897a.0@news.povray.org>
In article <36007B43.45203C4F@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>  wrote:
>I've never heard of anything that's been specificaly written for POV-Ray.
>There are certainly dozens of utilties for post image processing that you
>can use.

I think he want "real" object morphing. I would suggest the following (theory only!):
Create two sets off arrays, one with the initial coordinates of the mesh point and one
with the final ones. Then write a macro that interpolates between these coordinates on
the clock basis. The macro has to be called so that it generates the mesh coordinates
and inserts them. Then it should work.

Hmm, morphing is interesting and can finally done with the new macro stuff - maybe I
will try it myself :-)

Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany