POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : PVM-Pov on 386 and K6 : PVM-Pov on 386 and K6 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  PVM-Pov on 386 and K6
From: Peter Popov
Date: 10 Sep 1998 09:52:48
Message: <35f7cba0.0@news.povray.org>
Greetings.

I just put my hands on a 386/DX40 motherboard and processor + 4MB  RAM (no
387, but I might get
one. Also, no HDD, no monitor, just some horsepower). I'm planning to do the
following: I'll boot Linux from the 1.44 FDD and make a 2MB Ram disk. I'll
copy PVM there and will connect the 386 to my K6/233 via a serial cable. Is
this possible? I mean, if it is, it's surely worth the headache if I'll have
this extra tiny bit of rendering power... Any ideas?

Peter