POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? : Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface?
From: G  Berry
Date: 8 Sep 1998 00:24:45
Message: <35f4a266.3518725@news.povray.org>
On 08 Sep 1998 09:55:07 +0900, mas### [at] acratrcojp (Roland Mas) wrote:

>par### [at] mailfwicom (Ronald L. Parker) writes:
>
>> Though I think that if you look, you'll find lots of GUI frontends
>> already for POV-Ray.  Perhaps even some written in Tcl/Tk.
>
>  Oh, I probably would, sure. Altavista gave me at least this:
><URL:http://www.pjbcn.demon.co.uk/povtcl.htm>. But where's the fun?
>
>  And anyway, I'd like to make a complete interface like the one under
>Windows, maybe swallowing an Emacs windows (in order to include the
>Greatest Editor Ever). Python exist on many platforms, so do Tk and
>Emacs. Even the intersection of these includes at least Windows (3, 4, 5),
>Mac, OS/2 and (of course) Unix. Probably more. So...
>
>Roland.
>--

I don't want to start a long sub-thread about this, but what is so
great about the practically lengendary "Emacs" editor I keep hearing
agout? I tried a DOS port of it a long time ago, and found it very
large and cumbersome to use. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not
trying to start a fight. I simply want to know what is the beauty of
Emacs that I overlooked? So many satisfied users must know something
about the program that I don't.   :)

Thanks,
Glen Berry

Home -> http://www.ezwv.com/~mclilith/index.html
IMP  -> http://www.algonet.se/~jhubert/MovieProject/index.html

To reply via personal email, remove the "X" from Xno### [at] ezwvcom