POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Syntax highlighting bug in new editor? : Re: Syntax highlighting bug in new editor? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Syntax highlighting bug in new editor?
From: povray org admin team
Date: 6 Sep 1998 22:08:50
Message: <35f32fb0.798227@news.povray.org>
Xno### [at] ezwvcom (G. Berry) wrote:

>this is an editor built into POV-Ray, having POV-Ray be the default
>language seems very appropriate.

The default is chosen according to the extension. We will not make
POV a 'default' for all files because people will complain.

As for the fact that .POV isn't chosen when you do a save as, that's
fixed in the next version.

> I wonder how many other settings change themselves automatically when
> a new file is created?

If you'd read the release notes and had a bit of a play with the editor
properties, you wouldn't have needed to post here (or send us two emails
**as well**) asking how to fix it.

In future if you want to rely on assistance from others to solve your
problems, at least do us the courtesy of choosing one or the other. If
I'd known that you also posted to the newsgroup I wouldn't have taken
the time to personally answer your email (not that it took very long,
but it was still a waste of my time, because it is now clear that you
already knew the answer before I even sent the reply).