POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Syntax highlighting bug in new editor? : Re: Syntax highlighting bug in new editor? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Syntax highlighting bug in new editor?
From: G  Berry
Date: 6 Sep 1998 20:03:55
Message: <35f314b7.57795612@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 7 Sep 1998 01:05:30 +0300, "Peter Popov" <pet### [at] usanet>
wrote:

>G. Berry wrote in message <35f2dacc.42966358@news.povray.org>...
>>Hello,
>>
>>I hope this is of some help to know about. I have noticed that if I
>>cut and paste a POV-Ray scene into the editor, the color syntax
>>highlighting fails to operate on the newly created file.
>>

>It works home (3.1 beta 6b)
>
>>Try this:
>>
>>1) Open a valid POV file in the windows editor
>>
>>2) "Select-All" and copy to the windows clip board
>>
>>3) Click "File-New File" to create a new file
>>
>>4) Paste the clipboard contents into the new file
>>
>>5) Save the new file with a typical POV extension
>>
>>6) Notice that the new file has no color highlighting
>>

>Yes it has... tried it thrice. I don't know why it doesn't work on your PC.
>Can you provide mode info ( OS, hardware...)?
>
><snip>

Here are my system specifications:

POV-Ray version:  3.1.beta.6b.watcom.win32[Pentium II optimized]
Operating System:  WIN95, OSR1
Computer:  Generic Pentium 133 system with 32MB of RAM

Thanks,
Glen Berry

Home -> http://www.ezwv.com/~mclilith/index.html
IMP  -> http://www.algonet.se/~jhubert/MovieProject/index.html

To reply via personal email, remove the "X" from Xno### [at] ezwvcom