POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? : Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface?
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 5 Sep 1998 21:03:12
Message: <35f2d0a4.158074018@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 05 Sep 1998 07:48:27 GMT, Xno### [at] ezwvcom (G. Berry) wrote:

>As for why it might *seem* that way sometimes, I agree with Matthew's
>statement above. Windows is a *very* common OS.  It's only natural to
>have a lot of traffic posted concerning the windows version of POV. I
>hope that no one thinks for a moment that the POV-Team is playing
>"favorites" with any one OS. In fact, I think they have been extremely
>cross-platform oriented in their approach. I have always admired that.

I can vouch for the fact that the POV Team is very concerned about
cross-platform portability issues.  In fact, when I submitted my
proposal to add plugin (i.e. DLL) support to POV-Ray, I was told that
the major reason most members of the Team were opposed to it was that
it might not be portable enough to platforms that don't support shared
libraries.