POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New editor : Re: New editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:32:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New editor
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 5 Sep 1998 06:20:39
Message: <35f10267.0@news.povray.org>
Hello...

John Wingfield wrote in message <35F03516.36EC29E0@kcl.ac.uk>...
>What exactly is going to be added?  I can't make it out - will
"normal mode" be
>optional?

And others are wondering... so I collected the relevant posts:

<35eb5934.93688056@news.povray.org>...

<35f031e9.215343587@news.povray.org>...
>After some discussion with the author of the edit control we've
worked out a
>way to add this. It'll be in the next beta (or the release if there's
no next
>beta).

So, it does seem that the team plans to implement a toggle or an
access key to switch between the two modes.

I know nobody stated this explicitly, but it is logical from the flow
of the posts, the more so because:
* Many people ask for the actual mode, me included
  there are many cases where  it is very usefull;
* I don't see why they would remove a feature of pov -
   that would be trashing perfectly good work ;
* They wrote ADD, not remove or change.

I hope this clear things a bit,

Thank you everybody,

Povingly,