POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New editor : Re: New editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New editor
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 4 Sep 1998 12:53:45
Message: <35f00d09.0@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Scott Hill wrote in message <01bdd7fe$a5889a60$8c00a8c0@shindo>...
> If you going to change this behavior please make it optional. I and,
it
>seems, many others, like it the way it is.
>Scott Hill

If you go back to the beginning of this discussion - I mean my post
that introduced this subject on this news group - that is 8 or 14
messages back in this thread, depending on how you count - that is
<35e99ce8.0@news.povray.org>, you'll see:

>(...)
>(2) The editor behaviour which permits to select where
>there aren't any character is really great. But a normal
>text editor behaviour (like the last one) is more
>convenient most of the time (I kinda checked this, I
>watched myself working). This means: snap to the end of
>line clicked in 'vacuum', left and right arrows can jump
>to the previous or next line, don't add space at the end
>of lines when inserting a carriage return in the 'vacuum'.
>The 'select anywhere' feature could be used with
>ctrl+click, like the collumn selection (this would be
>coherent). Or you could toggle edit modes.
>
>As always, all these suggestions reflect an user approach,
>not a programmer's one.

I would never dream of asking anyone to remove a feature from pov...
only the possibility to turn it off...

And I understood that's what the pov-team proposes to do.

Cheers!

Povingly,

Philippe