POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? : Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Sep 1998 10:32:16
Message: <35efebe0.0@news.povray.org>
On 4 Sep 1998 06:02:16 -0500, Nieminen Mika <war### [at] assaricctutfi> wrote:
>  Ok, ok, mac version is also highly developed, but that doesn't change much
>the original statement. I don't want to blame anyone either, but I also think
>that povteam spends too much time and efforts on the windows (and the mac)
>GUI.

Have you considered the possibility that only one or two members of the POV-Team
are actually working on the Windows port at any given time?  Maybe they're just
more prolific or higher profile.  After all, the two members of the POV-Team who
post here regularly are the Windows guy and one of the Mac guys, so of course
their focus is on the Windows and Mac ports.  That doesn't mean nothing's
getting done on the other ports - just look at the list of things that were
fixed in the renderer in 3.1b6.  That's in _ALL_ ports.  There's just not much
to be done with the interface in DOS, and the last anyone knew was that the
team didn't have a Unix guy, so now that they have one (assuming they do, of
course) I'm sure he's working on important porting issues.

I don't have any more inside information than the rest of you do.  I'm just
willing to cut the Team a little more slack than some of the people here.