POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New editor: Did you try this? : Re: New editor: Did you try this? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:33:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New editor: Did you try this?
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 4 Sep 1998 10:28:11
Message: <35efeaeb.0@news.povray.org>
K. Tyler wrote in message <35EFE854.98374182@pacbell.net>...
>I don't understand.
>K.Tyler

As I don't know wich part is oscure, I'll explain everything
(1) select a collumn: with the new editor, you can select block of
texts in different lines without selecting the entire lines. It is
akin to a rectangle selection in a paint program, or to the rubberband
in the pov image window. Try this: hold control key down, click and
drag to select some text. See?

(2) a 0 character wide, some character height: this is difficult to
explain, but once you see it it'll be perfectly clear.
Ctrl+click'n'drag down, but do not move your mouse horizontally (well,
you can, as the selection isn't done untill you release the button).
You can make linear selection that englobes no character but goes
through many lines... maybe this is why pov's flashing cursor is so
thick...

(3) type some text: well, I do not know how to further explain this.

(4) TRY IT

Ok?

If you didn't know about collumnar selection, try also cutting,
copying and pasting, and dragging the selection...

Povingly,

Philippe