POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? : Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 4 Sep 1998 00:02:29
Message: <35ef5845.0@news.povray.org>
In article <m3a### [at] rpc66acratrcojp> , mas### [at] acratrcojp (Roland Mas)
wrote:

>  Hello guys,
>
>  I'm just a poor Linux user who wishes he could use the brand-new and
>(apparently) greatly improved versions of POV-Ray. The problem is, the
>POV-Team seems to have a bit changed its opinion of porting POV-Ray:
>it seems that the panel of officially supported platforms tends to
>converge on the single Windows 95 version (maybe I'm a bit
>exaggerating here), and the announces they make do not even have a
>[WIN] flag. I dont' blame it, I just regret it: they seem to spend a
>lot of time on the editor and the interface, which concerns only one
>platform, and they feel continuously bugged by people like me who
>just require the renderer and no interface (no use for an interface
>when you have Emacs).

I strongly disagree!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eduard and I are doing the Mac version, and it is not the case that all use Windows. I
WILL NEVER (yes, never, I would stop computing at all!!!!!) use Windows as development
platform.
And so you simply got the wrong image, why do you think there is this BIG note about
the source code and the Linux version etc.?
We are working hard on the Mac side and you get the impression only Windows is
supported?

Hmm, looks the Mac side needs better public relations :-)

Just my own opinion!

Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.