POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New Editor Feature Idea : New Editor Feature Idea Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  New Editor Feature Idea
From: G  Berry
Date: 3 Sep 1998 22:23:15
Message: <35ef3b40.13639522@news.povray.org>
First, let me say that I really like the new editor much better than
the old one. I do have a few questions. Is the list of keywords
user-extensible? It would be really nice if we could have perhaps
another category and color reserved for new user-added "keywords".

It could serve many uses,  such as being able to highlight a user's
favorite macros, or for people that use more than one version of POV,
it could be used to mark non-standard POV keywords used in POV
variants such as tm-POV and others.  Is there a fairly easy way to add
a user-defined list of words, to highlight in the user's color of
choice?

Lastly, does the CodeMax editor allow for a wider selection  of
colors? It would be extremely nice to select custom colors for the
highlighted text. The options I currently have to pick from have too
few really usable choices. It seems that most of the colors are either
a bit too bright,  dark, saturated, or the wrong hue to be easily read
against a given background color. It's impossible to find enough
different colors to highlight everything with a different color and
still maintain high legibility. It isn't a big problem if you only
want a few different colors on the screen at the same time. It does
become a big problem when one wants to have a large number of highly
legible simultaneaous colors.

Thanks,
G. Berry

To reply via personal email, remove the "X" from Xno### [at] ezwvcom