POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Match Brace hotkey : Re: Match Brace hotkey Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:33:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Match Brace hotkey
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 2 Sep 1998 13:13:20
Message: <35ed6ea0.0@news.povray.org>
Good morning (or whenever...)

povray.org admin team wrote in message
<35ee07ea.73459138@news.povray.org>...
>you didn't ?
>AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHH!
><sigh>.

Well, er... I did complain about this 'bug' too. But, well, as always,
I read
the doc and release notes - more then once... I just didn't find
the good command/keyword in the codemax properties and, as it is
written in the docs:

o  Most key bindings are customisable (not all, just most).

and

o  Note that the editor properties dialog only allows you to set
things that
    are implemented within the editor. There are some other options
implemented
    within the editor wrapper code in POV-Ray for Windows which are
able to be
    accessed via the Editor menu (only visible when an editor is
selected). For
    example, the keybinding for saving a file (Ctrl-S) is not listed
in the
    editor properties since this function is handled by the wrapper
code. You
    can't change this assignment.

...so I deduced that the match brace was one of these... (I actually
deduced
that the shorcuts that were shown in menus weren't customisable.
Silly, isn'it?
It seemed logical at the time...)

errare humanum est

Povingly,