POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Textures : Re: Textures Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textures
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 31 Aug 1998 17:16:40
Message: <35eb04a8.0@news.povray.org>
Eiko Thiessen wrote in message <35E### [at] phcuni-kielde>...
>For a long time I used POV-Ray 2.2 and was very happy - nice thing. I
>created a lot of realistic- looking sky-spheres for my pictures. I spent
>a lot of time to find the right parameters for the clouds (using marble,
>leopard, or something else), and I was quite happy with it. Then I
>changed to version 3.02 (because of some nice features) and nothing
>looks as it did before.
>
>What happened? I guess the routines for creating the textures changed.
>But what can I do to get my old skies and keep the new neat features???

If the problem is with the colors (and not the patterns), it can be the
gamma settings, which was introduced with pov3. It's in the doc
somewhere...

If the problem is with the patterns, it could the ordering of textures and
objects transformations, as I think pov's behaviour changed for this from
v2 to v3.

I hope this helps,

Philippe