POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New editor : Re: New editor Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New editor
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 31 Aug 1998 16:10:53
Message: <35eaf53d.0@news.povray.org>
Ronald L. Parker wrote in message <35ea1c43.171513624@news.povray.org>...
>>  redo - ctrl+y
>I've always thought the standard for redo was shift-alt-backspace.
>>  close - ctrl+w
>This is, of course, ctrl-f4.  Just because other apps can't follow the
>published UI guidelines is no reason for POV to follow suit.

Well, I believe these shorcuts came from the macintosh. This would
explain why they're present in Adobe products. And Microsoft adopted
them when they extended Office for the Mac. Many applications can use
several simulaneous shorcuts sets. E.g. povwin undo is alt-backspace as
well as ctrl+z.

>>  print - ctrl+p
>People print POV source?

Yes, I do (but with Word, because printing isn't implemented yet in
beta 6).

>>* a better and clearer structure for the help
>I hadn't noticed that big a difference between the new (beta 5) help
>structure and the old (3.01) help structure.  Did it change again in
>beta 6? (I haven't looked and don't have beta 6 at home yet.)

It didn't change much. Maybe the pov scene language help didn't change
at all (I don't remenber exactly). But the specific povwin help did change
a bit.

>I find "normal" behaviour annoying.  Here's the situation that annoys
>me the most: I'm sitting in the middle of a long line that is
>identical in structure to another long line (....)
I really like the new editor, and I get more used to it. Anyway, I
proposed a toggle, so would it be implemented no one could loose
anyhing - apart from the people programing it :-) The 'click anywhere'
feature of the new editor is only annoying me because I set my 15"
screen on 1024*768 at least (I like to see as much code as possible
and big images) .

Tracingly,

Philippe