POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Context help problem in beta6 : Re: Context help problem in beta6 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context help problem in beta6
From: Peter Popov
Date: 31 Aug 1998 13:47:10
Message: <35ead38e.0@news.povray.org>
Following myself here. I went through the registry and the inis but this
path was not mentioned anywhere. I guess it's a typo in the source, if so
it's an easy-to-fix bug.

Another thing that bothers me is opening files via explorer. I wasn't able
to do it with 3.0, 3.01, 3.02, 3.1b4, 3.1b5 and 3.1b6. I get an error
similar to "can't find thin .ini file" of "there's an error in this .ini
file". POV seems to be treating the filename as an ini, i.e. the first
parameter after pvengine.exe (like it is in the DOS version) is the .ini
name. I install it correctly and answer <yes> to "open in editor?" Maybe if
I create a file type myself...

Peter