POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Context help problem in beta6 : Context help problem in beta6 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:14 EDT (-0400)
  Context help problem in beta6
From: Peter Popov
Date: 31 Aug 1998 04:37:26
Message: <35ea52b6.0@news.povray.org>
Has anybody encountered the following problem: when I hit Ctrl-F1 I get the
following mesage:

Cannot find the C:\PROGRAM FILES\POV-RAY FOR WINDOWS 3.1\\Help\poray31.hlp
file.
Do you want to locate it yourself?
<Yes> <No>

I click <Yes> and I get:
Cannot find the C:\PROGRAM FILES\POV-RAY FOR WINDOWS 3.1\\Help\poray31.hlp
file. Check to see that the file exists of your disk. If it doesnt, you need
to reinstall it.

Did you notice the \\ in the path? Not a typo, that's what the message says.
POV-Ray beta5 crashed during uninstall and even though it disappeared from
the disk and the add/remove list, when installing beta6 it said it detected
an early version... Any ideas?