POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New editor : Re: New editor Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New editor
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 31 Aug 1998 00:54:57
Message: <35ea1c43.171513624@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 30 Aug 1998 20:41:29 +0200, "Philippe Debar"
<phi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>  redo - ctrl+y
I've always thought the standard for redo was shift-alt-backspace.

>  close - ctrl+w
This is, of course, ctrl-f4.  Just because other apps can't follow the
published UI guidelines is no reason for POV to follow suit.

>  print - ctrl+p
People print POV source?

>* a better and clearer structure for the help
I hadn't noticed that big a difference between the new (beta 5) help
structure and the old (3.01) help structure.  Did it change again in
beta 6? (I haven't looked and don't have beta 6 at home yet.)

>(2) The editor behaviour which permits to select where
>there aren't any character is really great. But a normal
>text editor behaviour (like the last one) is more
>convenient most of the time (I kinda checked this, I
>watched myself working).

I find "normal" behaviour annoying.  Here's the situation that annoys
me the most: I'm sitting in the middle of a long line that is
identical in structure to another long line, as in the following code
snippet:

sphere { <.333,.666,.999> .576 texture {color Red}};

sphere { <.888,.444,.333> .733 texture {color Green}};

I've just changed the radius in the first line to .576.  I want to
cursor down to the next line and change the radius there as well.
Nope, doesn't work.  Cursoring through the blank line moves the cursor
to the 'home' position and *^&#%@ leaves it there when I cursor to the
next line.