POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New editor : Re: New editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New editor
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 30 Aug 1998 17:04:33
Message: <35e9b051.0@news.povray.org>
Hello again

K. Tyler wrote in message <35E9A7F9.5C9D3914@pacbell.net>...
>>   redo - ctrl+y
>Leave ctrl+y alone It's fine the way it is.

Yes, that's why I concluded with 'can't we really change
*all* shorcuts, please, mister Pov; pleeaasse'

>BUT I suspect that the pov team has their own agenda
>for having them where they are. The cost of maintaining the
>POV-Ray home page and running their own news server is
>expensive. I suspect they are trying make it easier for people
>to access and remember the locations of products and companies
>that help with financial support for these wonderful privileges
>and if that's the case I for one can live with it.

As I do not have network access on my computer,
each time I press the button mistakenly (once or twice a day),
I get this ******* MS connection wizard.
But if it mean supporting the pov team, thay can put as many
buttons as they want, I'll accept them gladly.

>> * does anybody use the 'overwrite' mode?
>Yes I use it and please leave it alone

Well, that's what question are for. Without any irony of any
sort, what do you use it for? I did never find any case where
it would be usefull... and I'm always open to a new editing
technique (even more if it means I'll gain time).

>> * move 'older files' at the end of the file list
>No ! No! No ! Leave it alone.
Well, I do not use it (yet) - so you surely know better. But
I am not sure we understood each other perfectly: I meant
'move the older file commant just above the exit command',
(this was my orderly self speaking), and not as my message
read 'move the content of...' Well, anyway, I am bickering;-)

Good night everybody, sleep tight!

Philippe