POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New editor : Re: New editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New editor
From: Peter Popov
Date: 29 Aug 1998 05:03:19
Message: <35e7b5c7.0@news.povray.org>
povray.org admin team wrote in message <35e5f9d1.4652950@news.povray.org>...
>Does anyone find the new editor in POVWIN beta 6 to be an improvement ?

Are you kidding? This is the best thing that's happened to me since I came
back from vacation at the seaside. Here's a list of the 'little' things that
made me really love it:

- the way the 'home' key works...

- block indent

- match brace

- etc.

And a thing that disturbs me (not enough for a bug report, though): the
default output file type seems to be sys (.BMP). Since .BMPs are written
backwards POV makes an full-sized (900k for 640x480 -ua) empty file and goes
on... OK, but when I instaled POV I started playing around with demo scenes
at 800x600 +sp8 and was kinda bewildered where my HDD space had gone ... and
then I saw about 50 megs of .BMPs. I looked through the manual and the .INIs
and didn't see a notice of sys being default output file type. If this is
so, please document this change or make .TGA default (as it was).

>BTW If there is sufficient interest we will post a new editor DLL that has
one
>new feature added since the beta 6 release - it allows you to right-click
on a
>#include line and automatically open the file that is being included.

Sounds good. What if the .INC is recursive ? <G> Anyway, this will probably
help add a nice feature: what about highlighting undeclared identifiers as
you type (to save some nerve?)

Congratulations to the Team on the great job they've done with beta6!

Regards,

--Peter

pet### [at] usanet