POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New editor : Re: New editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New editor
From: povray org admin team
Date: 28 Aug 1998 12:21:42
Message: <35e6ca5d.1051311@news.povray.org>
par### [at] my-dejanewscom (Ron Parker) wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Aug 1998 00:33:54 GMT, povray.org admin team
>        <new### [at] DESPAMpovrayorg> wrote:
>
>I've been wondering about this.  Does the POV news server really have a big
>problem with spam?  It doesn't seem like it would be my first stop for
>addresses if I wanted to spam.

Some people cross-post messages to their 'real' news server. I've seen some
replies to messages from this server turn up on USENET. Also, sometimes people
crosspost to external servers, or just copy messages. Either way, the email
addresses can get out. Check out your local news server, and see if they have
any of the POVRAY.* groups. There's a good chance they will (they'll be empty,
but at some stage they got created).