POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New editor : Re: New editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New editor
From: Ron Parker
Date: 28 Aug 1998 10:58:22
Message: <35e6b77e.0@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998 00:33:54 GMT, povray.org admin team
        <new### [at] DESPAMpovrayorg> wrote:

I've been wondering about this.  Does the POV news server really have a big
problem with spam?  It doesn't seem like it would be my first stop for
addresses if I wanted to spam.

>Does anyone find the new editor in POVWIN beta 6 to be an improvement ?
>
>BTW If there is sufficient interest we will post a new editor DLL that has one
>new feature added since the beta 6 release - it allows you to right-click on a
>#include line and automatically open the file that is being included.

I really like the new editor.  I've grown to love the editor in Visual
Studio, and this one works a lot like it.  For that reason, it certainly
_seems_ better than the old editor.  I also like that editdll.dll now seems
to be written in a C variant, so that increases the chances that we'll be
able to do interesting things with the insert menu. :)

BTW, count me as interested.  I love new features.