POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : HELP! Moray3/Povray3.01 Wierdness! : Re: HELP! Moray3/Povray3.01 Wierdness! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP! Moray3/Povray3.01 Wierdness!
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 26 Aug 1998 06:22:46
Message: <35e3d2d8.4802215@194.174.214.10>
Hi Equiprawn, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Also somthing else that might be important. I modeled all the objects (apart
> from the floor, lights, camera position and fog) in Macromedia's Extreme 3D.
> I exported my Bomberman character out of E3D as a .dxf file, which I then
> imported into 3DWin v3.2 .

I think I can explain what is happening. When you use 3DWin to convert
stuff to UDO, 3DWin creates objects that have the same name in the INC
file. When you import these into Moray, Moray exports them correctly,
but POV-Ray only sees the #declare of the last one. Therefore I assume
that the belts and buckles are bein rendered four times *in the same
place*. Try this: Edit the UDO and INC files and change the names of
components that occur more than once in the scene to be unique.

If that doesn't fix it or you don't understand what I'm talking about
(not sure if I explained it well enough<g>), zip up all the UDO, INC
and MDL files and upload the ZIP to ftp.stmuc.com/pub/moray/incoming
and I will take a look at it.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray