POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stupid newbie Q #453653... : Stupid newbie Q #453653... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Stupid newbie Q #453653...
From: J B Cattley
Date: 18 Aug 1998 15:51:09
Message: <35d9cd1d.0@news.povray.org>
Ok, I've had POV for three days, and I have one burning question so far:

Do I have to give everything absolute coordinates?

As far as I can see, If I want to create a standard object for multiple use,
like, say, a 1 by 3 unit box, I have to specify exactly where I want it. I
don't seem to be able to just specify the dimensions, and then plonk it down
at a given location.

I suppose I could put everything at <0,0,0> and then translate as necessary,
but this seems kludgy, somehow. I seem to be missing the point, but the help
isn't very clear on this.

Someone show Idjit Boy the light, would they?

Thanks!

jbc

(email CCs would be appreciated.)