POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Torii Trouble : Re: Torii Trouble Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torii Trouble
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 17 Aug 1998 13:01:38
Message: <35d853e2.0@news.povray.org>
Glenn Mathis wrote in message <35D5AB3A.DFEA3C10@airmail.net>...
>Is it possible to place a halo into a torus, or am I a nitwit
>and didn't read the docs correctly?  Well, thanks in advance.

It should be. There was an image in the IRTC once of a fusion reactor (or
something like that), which used a halo in a torus, if I am correct. It was
somewhere in the winning ranges, so it shouldn't be too hard to find:
http://www.irtc.org
Look for the "Great engineering achievements" round. If you are lucky, it
comes with sourcecode :-)

Now a wild guess:
You say, "the other objects are not important..."
Now: Is by any chance one of these objects a plane? because planes have an
"inside" too: Everything on one side of the plane is defined as being
"outside", everything on the other side is defined as being "inside". And
since a plane has an "inside" too, it too needs to be made hollow, or it
will kill every halo that is on its wrong side (the "inside"-side).

Hope it helps,
Johannes.