POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : NURBS, etc : Re: NURBS, etc Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS, etc
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 13 Aug 1998 07:15:58
Message: <35d2bc2f.9718364@194.174.214.10>
Hi Erik, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Oops, when I said meshes I meant bezier patch
Aha. In that case let me quote you again:
> Also, what about getting Moray to export real meshes to povray
> instead of turning it all into a huge set of triangles which
> takes forever to parse?
Just what should Moray not turn into triangles and export directly to
POV-Ray as bezier patches? Moray does not export triangles unless
neccessary. If you are talking about the NURBS in Rhino: it is Rhino
that is writing triangles and not bezier patches, you should speak to
them. I have no idea how hard it is to turn a NURBS surface into a set
of bezier patches, I would guess it's pretty complex, though.
- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray