POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : PovRay 3.1 screen layout : Re: PovRay 3.1 screen layout Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay 3.1 screen layout
From: Ron Parker
Date: 29 Jul 1998 15:02:09
Message: <35bf63a1.0@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:22:36 GMT, povray.org admin team
    <new### [at] DESPAMpovrayorg> wrote:
>>Me too, I'd also prefer the clock cycles used on that animation in the
>>corner be used for rendering.
>
>That animation uses so few clock cycles that you probably couldn't measure it
>(unless you're using some horrid old non-accelerated graphics card).

Ah, but some of us not only have horrid old non-accelerated graphics cards,
we also have horrid old 486/66 processors.  Every cycle counts on those.
Thanks for making it possible to disable the animation in beta 5.

Donations of AT Pentium motherboards accepted...