POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wrapping objects : Re: Wrapping objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrapping objects
From: Paolo Bormida
Date: 22 Jul 1998 05:08:47
Message: <35b59e0f.0@news.povray.org>
Dan Connelly wrote in message <35B074E4.221C5112@flash.net>...
>I'd add a small point of clarification.....
Ok, thank you very much for it :-)

Anyway ....

How can we get, in POV,  an image map being mapped onto an object, as if the
image is on a sheet of paper and we use the sheet to carefully (no wrinkles)
wrap the object ?

Yes, I know in reality we'll have to fold (or cut) the paper to wrap it ....

To put it simply ... I would like to place the image map onto the object as
if it was a decal (those images printed on sheet of paper you damp with
water then slide onto model of cars, planes and the like)

Sorry, I really have problems to figure out how image map works :-((

Thanx again