POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Front-end : Re: Front-end Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Front-end
From: massimo
Date: 14 Jul 1998 06:28:58
Message: <35ab2197.93194444@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 03 Nov 1997 23:07:05 -0500, WebMaster <Sit### [at] usanet>
wrote:

>I am new to Povray and ray-tracing in general. Does any front-end
>program exists that generate pov files?
>Would anyone be kind enough to suggest the best way to learn this
>fabulous rendering tool?
>Thank you,

Version 3.0 of POV for w95 comes with a good front-end.
The best way to learn POV-Ray is to use it! You will need a good
modeler too. There are good shareware and freeware one.
As for commercial ones, I think Rhino it's the best that exports to
POV format.

Massimo
aka MadMax