POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Clarifying some issues and a General RFC : Re: Clarifying some issues and a General RFC Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clarifying some issues and a General RFC
From: povray org admin team
Date: 10 Jul 1998 12:14:55
Message: <35a72f4e.34175161@news.povray.org>
>This is so easily done that I almost cry myself to sleep at night wondering why
>it wasn't implemented from the beginning.  There will be several options that

No offence meant, but it's obvious that you haven't done any significant amount
of Windows programming. I presume you are referring to running threads on
multiple processors (there's no point whatsoever in having more than the two
threads that POVWIN currently uses of that's not what you mean).

Any suggestion that the rather major amount of work needed to make POVWIN
internally parallel is 'easily done' is rather absurd, IMO. It would be a quite
major undertaking.