POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Map Feature Question/Request : Re: Image Map Feature Question/Request Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Map Feature Question/Request
From: Mike
Date: 15 Nov 1998 07:52:56
Message: <35FE617F.4BB8315C@aol.com>
I agree with you one the centering of image_maps, since that what everyone
tends to do anyway before applying any tranformations. (ie. translate <-.5,
-.5, 0>).  Same deal with height_fields.

The other thing you bring up is a little more complicated.  I don't think it
would be easy to have an image apply to only one part of an object.  That
would be handled better with parametric mapping, but that would mean having
to create a UV space for all primitives.  For a sphere that should be simple
enough, since that's pretty much covered by spherical mapping anyway.  A box
would have to be split up a bit.  Cylinder even harder.  Sor...hmm.

Maybe it could happen someday.

-Mike