POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Bevelled curved prisms : Bevelled curved prisms Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Bevelled curved prisms
From: Daren Scot Wilson
Date: 11 Sep 1998 21:50:10
Message: <35F98D6E.4E9B34B9@pipeline.com>
I create a prism that has curves in its <x,z> cross-section.
I sweep it along the y axis.
Now I want to bevel the edges.
Or more generally, sculpt the edges as if doing woodwork with a router,
running along the edge.

There are difficult  ways of doing this, but I'd like to collect a
variety of techniques. What tutorials, web pages, samples, etc. do you
know of?  Source code patches?  How many ways can we find to trim our
prism edges?

--

Daren Scot Wilson
Member, ACM