POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? : Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface?
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 11 Sep 1998 18:50:41
Message: <35F42CCE.8CEE437C@bigfoot.com>
G. Berry wrote:

> Since the idea of a cross-platform GUI has been mentioned, I thought I
> would mention the idea of using a portable C++ library to achieve the
> goal.  I'm not a cross-platform expert by any means, but it seems like
> a decent idea to me. There are multiple cross-platform GUI
> environments to pick from. Does anyone here know anything about
> "wxWindows"? Here is the URL of their website for anyone interested:
>
>     http://web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart/wxwin/
>
> I am basically just curious whether anyone thinks that something like
> this would be useful to a project like POV? Or if not POV, then
> perhaps it would be useful for an external modeler program?

I was about to suggest wxWindows myself. The only problem is I only heard
about it and never played with it. But from what I've heard it is meant to
be great and very portable, it also includes a Python interface via
wxPython, this wxWindows really seems to have a lot to offer not only on
the GUI side, this includes portable mechanisms for inter-process
communications.

Regards,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.