POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Wall of China again : Re: Wall of China again Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wall of China again
From: ReVerSi
Date: 5 Sep 1998 04:35:20
Message: <35F0E968.453@t-online.de>
David Vincent-Jones wrote:

> Thanks for the many helpful ideas on this problem but maybe I need to
> expound a little further on my needs.
>
> 1. For my application the top of the 'wall' always remains at the same
> level. Hey! that should make it simpler.
>
> 2. As the height_field rises, less of the wall is seen. At an extreme the
> wall disappears into the height_field. The wall base can be at the base of
> the height_field.
>
> 3. I need to texture the wall. I say this since some solutions with a simple
> color do not appear to work the same way when a texture is involved.
>
> 4. I have several/many wall sections scattered throughout the image. My
> preference would be to put generalized code into the .ini file for all of
> the wall sections and then put the center-line co-ordinate list(s) into the
> .pov file which is, in turn, created by a source generating program.
>
> David

Hello,

the answer to this posting may be appreciable delayed and I did mail the
following file to David himself already. But since I imagine, that could
be of more general interest, I'll post it here too.

The code provides the possibility for generating any polygonal shaped
"wall" structures only by defining the center-line coordinate list. This
may also be done using a separate .inc file generated elsewhere.

Each of the segments is textured in the same manner automatically and
not dependant on its position or direction on the plane.

ReVerSi

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (6 KB)