POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: UV-Mapping (unofficial compile) : Re: ANNOUNCE: UV-Mapping (unofficial compile) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: UV-Mapping (unofficial compile)
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 2 Sep 1998 17:20:53
Message: <35EDA7D7.9564E87D@ltu.edu>
UV mapping is also known as surface mapping.  Like Ron Parker said, I explain
it more on the web site.  The short of it is that if you stretch a bezier mesh
or triangle mesh that uses surface mapping, the texture gets stretched, too.
On other objects, surface mapping is not really that interesting.

But there are other improvements, too... like using an image for a general
pattern and a new compact syntax for triangle meshes.

-Nathan