POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : suggestions for grass : Re: suggestions for grass Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:11:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: suggestions for grass
From: Roy Lane
Date: 31 Aug 1998 22:08:21
Message: <35EB4880.9A120018@concentric.net>
Here is what I was able to do with it.  This is just the beginnings of
my first scene so don't crush me too hard, :-)  I just cropped out a
portion to show you what the grass was doing and didn't compress it,
just switched from tga to jpg without compression.  And here is the
plane object from my pov:

plane { // lawn
  z,0.025
  texture{
    pigment{ image_map
      {gif "grass.gif" interpolate 4}
      }
    finish{ ambient .5 diffuse .2 }

  }
  scale 10
}

I kept playing with the settings and this is where I stopped.

--
Please reply to<tuk### [at] concentricnet>

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'croquet1.jpg' (58 KB)

Preview of image 'croquet1.jpg'