POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : suggestions for grass : Re: suggestions for grass Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: suggestions for grass
From: K  Tyler
Date: 31 Aug 1998 19:27:18
Message: <35EB22D6.791DB307@pacbell.net>
Roy Lane wrote:

> Thanks K.,
> I'm off to get it now, but I know already I'd like to see an example of
> it.
>
> Roy
>
> BTW, Concentric is headquartered somewhere on the west coast, but
> they're national.  I'm in hurricane country...N.Carolina.

  Is it wet yet ?

plane{y,o
 texture{
  pigment{ image_map{gif "grass.gif" interpolate 2}rotate 90*x}
   finish{ambient .5 diffuse .2 }
    scale 10}}

I haven't checked this but it should work. Play with the scaling
and the rotate by a few degrees. On an infinite plane it looks a little
funky. It would probably look better on something like a flat box
object. This will give you better control of the appearance of the
scaling.

I also have a proceedural texture you can try but it lacks reality.
It is good if used in the background or if your focus isn't on the
grass directly. Any way try this out.

  // Simulated Grass
  plane{y,0 texture{pigment{color rgb<.2,.8,.3>}finish{crand .05 ambient .2
  diffuse .2}normal{waves 1 frequency 1000 scale 70000}scale 6}}

Greetings from Disney Land California.

K.Tyler